Sunday, May 24, 2009

Paying Homage

A little poEm I composEd just now. I like it. hopE you Enjoy.

"Paying Homage"

A vast amount of knowledge I've acquired while in college
So to my friends and family its time to pay homage
Coming from the slums only place to go is up
I gotta keep grinding this way of life is tough
Everywhere I look people stealing people dieing
Just to get that stuff from the people thats supplying
Stereotypes of a black mans life I'm defying
Lessons from the scriptures is what I am applying
I heard my fallen brothers and sisters speak to me
Their message of peace and equality lives through me
I don't mind helping my people, but you gotta help yourself
How you gone sit around the house and expect to make wealth
The world is an ocean so I've got my fishing rod
One day my views and context will be heard on I-pods
May not have packed steal but my rhymes you gotta feel
I'm just doing what I know so just let this seed grow


Photobucket


peacE!

No comments:

Post a Comment