Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Be Like Water My Friend

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, and it can crash. Be like water, my friend" ...Bruce Lee

Photobucket
My life right now has been Topsy turvy. Many ups, downs, smiles, & .frowns. If it is one thing I have come to realize though it is this. Life, for whatever reason, will not go the way you want it. Even when good things happen more often then not it is in a way that we don't expect. Nevertheless whatever hardships we may endear only builds stronger character and resolve.
Photobucket
I was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago and he told me something VERY INSPIRATIONAL! He told me about this book he had been reading about Bruce Lee and his philosophy. He went deeper into explaining it and it made sense that the philosophy Bruce Lee was explaining can be used in any situation a person can think of. It was then that I realized this was an important and groundbreaking discovery about life. Appreciate that Morgan.

Basically what I'm writing about is how Bruce and Morgan both agree on being like water. Water is impervious to pain yet it can cause massive devastation. It is a natural and abundant resource. Gentle and calm and yet rough and dangerous all at once. It moves and adapts to any and every situation therefor making a person that thinks like this quick on their feet and able to relax and go with the flow.

I have a new outlook on life and thats why I'm sharing it with you. You can read this and shrug it off as something this 21 year old guy is just rambling on about, or you can begin to open your mind to more then what you've been taught. Grow spiritually and mentally.

Just remember, "Whatever happens, happens." ...Spike Spiegel
Photobucket
Be Like Water My Friend


peacE!

No comments:

Post a Comment